Friday 18 December 2009

Several hundred Geese & Plovers A-Flocking!

First of all apologies everyone for the lack of updates for the past 2 weeks.This is not because I've given up birding or indeed not seen anything (which is the case around lowestoft recently!) We've been without the internet, because of firstly problems with the line and then our router gave up the ghost.
On Tuesday 8th December I visited Horsey in my lunchbreak following work at Martham library, and I saw up to 500 Pink- footed Geese in the field opposite the windmill.
On Tuesday 15th December, back at Horsey again, most of the Geese were gone but there were 8 Pink- footed geese quite close to the road opposite the windmill. By carefully driving to the edge of the field using the car as a hide, I managed to get some OK pictures of them.
Incredibly, by Walnut farm at Waxham, I counted at least 400 golden Plover in the one field here together with 150 or so Lapwing. just north of there I saw an incredible 300+ Golden plover flying north, like a golden haze of birds in flight. So together with the ones still in the field I'd just seen well over 700+ Golden Plover!

No comments: