Notes on birds/wildlife from a nature enthusiast & photographer (copyright Peter Ransome)
Saturday, 12 September 2026
Wild Goose Chase
On Saturday 12th September, I took a look around Ness Point, Hamilton Dock, Net posts and nothing of note seen, when Paul G. What's Ap stated a lone PBBG had landed at Children's corner, I was about to leave but a child chased it off, it was only when Jeremy What's Ap saying they were on the South Beach that I went down, parking was very difficult but I finally managed to find a place then I hurried down to the Beach area just south of the South Pier and Jeremy was watching the 2 fine Pale-bellied Geese swimming close to the line of coastal defence rocks, there was an adult and an immature and the adult eventually swam north and settled on the beach as did the immature before they finally swam out onto the sea again.
A What's Ap from Rob Wil. to say the remaining flock of 13 was back at Ness Point, I drove around no sign, then a What's Ap from James W. to say they were on the North beach by Link's Road car park again not there. But I could see Rob Hol standing half way along, so I drove to Swimming Pool road and parked by the Sparrow's Nest car park. The impressive 13 Pale-bellied Brent Geese were all perched on a single seaweed encrusted ledge (part of the old sea wall) But as soon as I set up and taken just 1 picture they flew north and settled in Link's Road car park. Again, I drove around but they had been disturbed and were back on the beach actively walking and feeding along the seaweed encrusted rock and Rob, Jeremy I watched themm as they slowly walked south and the finally tpook to flight heading south over the sea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment