Friday, 11 September 2026

Quick trip to Minsmere

On Wednesday 9th September, I left work and in the afternoon, I travelled to Minmere in the hope of seeing the Pec Sand, good to see Mick on the walk down. From the East scrape hide I initially saw 3 Dunlin at the back and then I soon spotted the excellent Pectoral Sandpiper wanding around a stone rocky spit. Its larger size more elongated shape sharp division on breast and Snipe like streaking on the back give aways to its ID. Just behind and left of there was first 1 and then up to 3 Green Sandpipers, there were 3 Ringed Plovers too and then first 1 and then up to 3 Ruff too. I saw JP and he mentioned about the Temminck's too and jusr right of then 2/3 of the way back, I also spotted the Excellent Temmick's Stint on the left hand edge of an isand and muddy shore.

No comments: