Notes on birds/wildlife from a nature enthusiast & photographer (copyright Peter Ransome)
Sunday, 20 September 2026
Very humid at Benacre
I then drove to Benacre as a Scaup had been seen on the Braod. I joined Paul & Jane F. in the walk down, immediately by the top cliff we saw a Clouded Yellow. Walking further down by the grassy area just before the Broad which the path down dissects. We saw an incredible 3 Clouded Yellows, on the grassy area and we managed to get a few pics with the Nikon lens. In the hide, we saw Neville L. who had seen the Scaup and found a Pectoral Sand. but it had flown onto the closer bank, totally obscured by the reeds so it couldn't be seen. The humidity meant it was incredibly humid and very difficult to view anything. Chasing after the Clouded Yellows meant I was already hot & all I could see were around 300 Black- tailed Godwits and a female Pintail. Paul did well to pick up 2 Garganey which he kindly let me see through his scope. I had to leave to cool down and because I had to prepare to see the band King King at thge waterfront at Norwich.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment