Friday 21 May 2021

Where's Wally?

On Sunday 16th May, at about 4pm I arrived at Tenby, parked up in the multi-storey car park and with 4 hours of parking paid for hobbled off to the town centre and a kind soul took pity on a hopelessly lost English visitor and kindly pointed me in the direction of the Harbour. The southern end rose up to a fortified area and I walked up the hill past the bound stand lookout and took the anti- clockwise path cliff top walk overlooking the beach and the RNLI Lifeboat station. I saw the famous ramp and despite 3 hours of looking no sign of Wally the Walrus, bitterly disappointing but in between the rain showers I did spot, 2 Grey Seals on lying on its back gfeeding another with a great white flounder also feeding. Plus lone Gannets up to 3 seen fishing in the bay. But best of all 4 distant Manx Shearwaters flew together low over the sea late on going south, plus a Puffin flew north too. A Fulmar flew south too.

No comments: