Wednesday 8 January 2020

Shore Lark at last

On Wednesday 8th January, leaving work early (my usual early finish on a Wednesday) I drove straight to Kessingland (it was avery gloomy murky day so I hadn't brought the camera) and with just bins I walked to the Saline Shore Pool at 2.50pm, on Kessingland North Beach walking past Heathlands, down the steps and signs looked good I could someone knelling on the beach taking pics of something on the south side the Saline shore pool. But they left as I drew near but within a minutes scan, I could see the excellent Shore Lark, a really nicely marked individual, probably a male, busily feeding on the pebbly beach along the southern end seaward side. During the period of observation it was busy feeding the whole time and after a while I left it there and walked back seeing 5 Common Gulls feeding in the ploughed field opposite Heathlands.

No comments: