Sunday 19 January 2020

No show Shore Lark (again!)

On Sunday 19th January, I started at Hinton first and the 11 adult Bewick's Swans were still in the field but not close enough for photography (I stayed in the car). I then went onto Kessingland North beach shore pool, initially 3 Sanderling flying around then a nice group of 8 Sanderling (a good tally and my highest tally in the north for many years, on what has become an increasingly uncommon bird here, easily the highlight (together with the Bewick's) of the day) flew onto the beach by the sea and were there a little while until flushed by walkers. Whilst checking the shoreline, 3 Ringed Plovers flew onto the beach, but sadly were soon flushed out to sea by dog walkers. I checked the whole of the Pit edge and round the seaweed. drift wood around the top tideline but no luck, disappointing to miss this bird 3X on the trot, now.

No comments: