Saturday 25 February 2023

Buckenham

On Monday 20th February, I drove to Buckenham RSPB and walked out to the mill, a lot of Wigeon were on the marsh as I walked down and from the mill, I counted at least 47 White- fronted Geese plus about 450 Pink- footed Geese with birds joining the flock flying in from over the river. As I walked back I saw a Ruff on the marsh and around 120 close Wigeon, I managed to get a few pics. Next visit was to Filby Broad but parking at Fleggburgh Village Hall, Walked down the road and then down Ruggs Lane and then down Boat Covert, past the Cottage with the yapping dogs, there was a gate just after and right of it and the path went round a field to the back of Filby Broad. Walking around the wood, there was an area of cut reed and walking out and it was quite muddy! We spied a hybrid Ferruginous Duck , white undertails coverts but the rest wasn't right. 1 fine male Ferruginous Duck and 2 female Ferruginous Ducks plus the female Ring- necked Duck swam out and showed well together good scope views!

No comments: