Sunday 5 March 2023

Waxwings at last but Goosander takes flight

On Saturday 4th March, driving to Hollow Grove Way/ Beccles Road junction, I parked up and immediately I heard trilling calls. tell tail signs that the Waxwings were flying in in the company of Feral Pigeons, the 5 Waxwings alighted in a tree by the edge of Beccles Road. 2 flew over and briefly fed on the berries. I then drove to Belvedere road and checked from the Dead end at Oulton Broad but no sign of the Goosander, I walked around and no sign of the Goosander by the boats at the Boulevard and then Oulton Broad but again no sign. A tweet from RCS stated first the Goosander was by the boats, absolutely no sign for me and then 10. minutes later he tweeted saying it flew east down Lake Lothing. I checked Leathes Ham and no sign there either. A tweet in the afternoon from Julie and I joined her, Andrew and James C, the fine male Eider was the far side of Hamilton Dock by the beach, it finally walked onto the rocks and settled down.

No comments: