Sunday 11 September 2022

Welsh trip

On Wednesday 7th September en route to the Tally Ho pub at Hungerford to meet long lost family, I saw a couple of Red Kites, over M4. On Friday 9th September, a visit to Kenfig NNR where you have to turn immediately right after a bridge to find the site much changed by a spate of house building. The Warden told me he hadn't seen any Autumn Ladies Tresses this year due to the blazing hot drought ridden summer. I tried to look but was sadly greeted bya golf course where I had seen them 10 years previously. I small a Small White butterfly, a Common Blue and Small Heath butterflies but that was it! A trip to Cymisfael stream late afternoon was much better, a Grey Wagtail was on the road where the drain was overflowing and running water don the road. I walked to the bridges and was greated by a wonderful sight of 2 Hobbies flying in from the right and as soon as they disappeared mewing birds heralded first a Red Kite flying around in the field to the left and then joined by a Buzzard. Finally, walking along the stream as I heard a dipper by the first bridge, a Dipper was on a close rock and then flew up to a branch where it spent some time preening finally a Grey Wagtail was seen on the stream again. A Nuthatch also heard too. Finally, whilst weeding at Brodawell a Raven was heard but not seen.

No comments: