Friday 19 August 2022

Gunton Redstart and a quartet of Flycatchers

On Friday 19th August, I drove to Gunton Church, parked up and looked around the Churchyard and the Gunton Burial site, nothing seen, Walking towards the field north of the site, I saw Andrew E, he had just located a female Redstart which had come down to the fence, I saw it fly showy the wonderful fiery tail and on the Track itself I saw it flitting around in a bush and well near the thick base of a bush where the head and shoulders seen well. Suddenly, a Pied Flycatcher perched on top of a bush and flew north. Andrew walked onto the old Pitch and Putt, by one isolated group of trees we saw another Pied Flycatcher mostly in the shade and third Pied Flycatcher seen by a tall group of trees and bushes high up where it briefly lit up by the sun. Finally by the Hawthorn, by the north- east part of Dip Farm we saw a bird flitting about that proved to be a 4th Pied Flycatcher for me seen very briefly. Walking back I crossed the rail track and saw the female Redstart perced on a post, a dog came along barked at me and put paid to me getting any pics. PS. No pics will be posted for a while, a) I haven't obtained any new pics and b) the AppleMac has gone wrong again and at the Computer shop for repair. Post done from my Windows computer!

No comments: