Saturday 1 January 2022

Sibe Chiff- Chaffs at Carlton Marshes

On Thursday 30th December, at Carlton Marshes barely 50 yards past the path to the Tower Hide in the Willow scrub first clearing, I saw Gavin no sign and after 20 minutes he left. I walked up to the next clearing barely 30 yards past the first and in the cut Willow pile, I saw the excellent Siberian Chiff- Chaff it was flitting around by this pile then it flew to the bush just right of that really close, I called Gavin but the bird soon disappeared. I had seen 3 Bullfinches (1 male and 2 females) 1 then 2 Siberian Chiff- Chaffs seen. They were in the first clearing and one was sitting for a while in a bush at the back. I managed to get a few pics. They then disappeared and Rob H strolled up and instantly saw a Siberian Chiff- Chaff by the cut Willow pile where it was flitting about quite low around here and I managed to get a good shot albeit in very poor light. Rob H said a Red Kite was flying over and we saw it fly over our heads and due west!

No comments: