Sunday 8 September 2019

Red- necked Phalarope at Minsmere

On Sunday 9th September, a BINS message about a RN Phalarope at Minsmere, had me arriving there around 5pm, I saw OFB & Maurice and they told me it was in the NE corner of the East Scrape where the Marsh Sand had been. Arriving at the hide I headed for the right top, there was a flock of some 30 or so waders mostly Dunlin, but initially no sign of the Phalarope. I then spotted it, the super Red- necked Phalarope, was just underneath beyond th lip of the bay, the swirl of the water and just the head could initially be seen. It then waded though the mud, there was quite a lot of brown on the body indicating it wa juvenile bird. It then walked in the water in front of the flock of wanders which included 2 fine Curlew Sandpipers.

No comments: