Thursday 22 February 2018

Return home

On Monday 19th February, I drove to a very gloomy Oulton Broad by the Wherry and the fine male Red- breasted Merganser was swimming on the Broad way out by the Maltings. Back in the garden a fine Treecreeper scaled on one main vertical branch then another at 4.30pm but was gone by the time I had retrieved my camera. On Tuesday 20th February, a dismal day raining until 3pm, I was again at the Wherry and noticed the time male Red- breasted Merganser close in to quay by the Boulevard by the alcove area where the yachts are moored I rushed over and obtained some close shots albeit in appalling light. On Tuesday 20th February, I was off all day but it rained until 3pm, so it wasn't until 3.30pm I arrived at the Wherry, I could see the male Red- breasted Merganser was in the 'yacht alcove" by the Boulevard. I drove round parked up and and was soon enjoying really close views of the bird, only probably was the appalling light it later swam out towards the Wherry. On Wednesday 21st February before work, the male Red- breasted Merganser was near the southern end of the Wherry again in marginally better light. It soon swam out again.

No comments: