Saturday 21 October 2017

Lapland Bunting on Kessingland beach

On Saturday 21st October, at 9.05am a calling Treecreeper flew into garden from Fallowfields (whilst I was in the garden) & climbed up 2 the Apple Tree and the middle tree (on what was only my second garden 2nd Garden record) Parkhill, Lowestoft. Having to stay in until 10am, I finally got out just after 10am and parking at Rider Haggard Lane, I walked down to Kessingland North beach. A Meadow Pipit flew up and several c5 Gannets seen flying south over the sea. I met up with Richard D & Paul and Jane F, they had just seen the Lap bunting fly north, I had been searching around the red post to no avail. After a search, where we saw 4 Brent Geese flying south close in, Paul said he had a bird and it flew down to 3 tussocks of Marram grass. A little further south, we picked up the fine Lapland Bunting feeding by the first of the 3 tussocks of Maram grass where it then flew to the middle one and then the first one it then showed really well but often obscured, in shadow or always on the move so it was very difficult to photograph.

No comments: