Sunday 15 October 2017

Porpoise and Bramblings

On Saturday 14th October, a look around Hamilton Dock, it was good to see Neville S, but little did I know at the time I should have been looking seaward as a WBD was flying past around that time, I took some scenic shots of Ness Point for my forthcoming talk and Andrew broke the news. As Andrew was leaving just north of the finger I spotted a fine Harbour Porpoise with its characteristic "rolling over" motion. It surfaced about 4X. A look around Warren House Wood and Gunton Dunes failed to reveal much save for a Parasol Mushroom on the green just south of the Wood and a Migrant Hawker flying around too. Look around Lake Lothing later revealed 1 Little Grebe on the water and looking from the bay just beyond the railway bridge, a Little Egret feeding by the side of the rocky edge was a new one at this site. As I was about to leave, I heard the rasping call of a Brambling from a tall tree just south of the bridge and 5 Finches flew out the last one calling the rasping call, a Brambling as it flew. I heard another rasping call from the tall tree just north of the bridge, and another calling Brambling flew out from the tree flying north. at 1.20pm in the garden, I heard the call of a Coal Tit, it was in the left hand tree, it called again before flying over to Fallowfields.

No comments: