Tuesday 26 January 2016

Oulton Marshes Owls

On Saturday 23rd January in the afternoon I looked down Oulton Marshes and as soon as I lifted my bins I could see an excellent Short- eared Owl quartering the fields of Camp's Heath marshes. It flew around the fields between the railway line and the river and then crossed the line to the field adjacent to the west. A second Short- eared Owl flew along the same field the other Owl had just vacated. By the gate seeing some other photographers we chatted and as we spoke a Short- eared Owl (probably one of the 2 seen earlier) flew over from the south and flew over the track and then north. Meanwhile a Barn owl flew around the fields near the barn and then a second Barn Owl flew over the East Camps Heath marshes and then finally a third Barn Owl flew onto there gate by the entrance track. At 4.10pm I was travelling along Oulton Road and roundabout and along hall Lane, I could see a Fox standing in the middle of the road barely metres away from the roundabout. I drove down stopped the car but the Fox strolled off along a north track by the houses.

No comments: