Wednesday 12 March 2014

Glorious Spring day

Monday 3rd March whilst recuperating in the garden I was fortunate to see 2 Frogs copulating in the wildlife pond in the north western corner. Sunday the 9th March was a glorious Spring day with wall to wall sunshine and the temperature at almost 20 degrees celsius. 2 Small Tortoiseshells were feeding in the gardening and bathing on the concrete patio by the kitchen In the local wood, 3 superb Adders were seen in the nearby wood in the usual place. A fine Brimstone butterfly flew by and briefly settled on a discarded blue crisp packet discarded by a litter lout (take it home or put in the bin!) I met Andrew E and the 2 Robs who showed me where they were but as soon as they left the Adders left too so no pictures this time, I'm afraid. I met a third Rob (Rob M) and later I made my way to Ness Point and eventually picked up the female Black Redstart perched on top of the Gas blue tank in the compound thanks to the sharp eyes of Andrew E. At the local place I checked all 4 sides and eventually saw what I though was a female Peregrine on the North side. Up to 5 Frogs in the garden on Sunday too. Tuesday 12 March great news, (as a result of 3rd March, finally spotted some Frog spawn in the goldfish pond. I'll transfer this to the wildlife pond so that the Goldfish don't gorge themselves on the spawn!

No comments: