Monday 31 March 2014

Finally some Spring Migrants!

On Monday 31st March, with the benefit of the clock's going forward on the previous day I took advantage of the lighter nights to look at Ness Point for some migrants that had been reported earlier. Looking from the western end, all I initially saw was a Robin in the Turbine Yard. A look at Ness Point revealed that it was very low tide, so no chance of seeing the Purple Sands (I hadn't seen them all week despite having a week's leave checking round the local area- Denes and Ness Point had been totally bird less). I always find it very difficult in seeing any Wheateras or Black reds in March, much easier in April! I then walked around the eastern side of the Turbine yard and by the rocky area by all the bric a brad, a female Black Redstart was seen. Whilst at the northern end, a fine male Wheatear was seen and it flew to the rocky area not far from the Black Redstart.

No comments: