Wednesday 10 August 2011

Covehithe & Benacre

Yesterday evening , Tuesday 9th August, I visited first Covehithe and then Benacre Broads. At Covehithe Broad, I spied 2 Grey Heron, 2 Little Egret several 6 Sandwich Tern and 10 Black- tailed Godwit, 2 Green Sandpiper but sadly the long staying Spoonbill wasn't seen at all.
Walking back along the cliff, a camera shy Painted Lady butterfly (my first of the year!) posed well until I retrieved the camera when it promptly flew, it then posed again until I tried to photograph it and it flew again! Quite a few 100+ 7 spot Ladybird were seen along the walk to Covehithe Broad. A family of 6 Greylag Geese seen in an arable field.
Benacre Broad was disappointing with the highlights being 3 Green Sandpiper flying around the far side and 1 of these birds flying closer in.
walking back a big flock of 300 Canada, 300 Greylag and 100 barnacle Geese seen in the fields.

No comments: