Saturday 20 April 2024

Return to the Surf Scoter

On Friday 19th April after work, I drove down to Walberswick village and parked in the free parking bay by the green at 6pm. I walked out first 200 yards south of the beach huts and the 400 yards and the 1600 yards south by Corporation Marshes. At first I copuld only see 1 pair of Common Scoter close in. But I spied a group of around 32 Common Scoters way out in Sole Bay and it included the Surf Scoter. Fortunately, iot included the 1st wintrer Surf Scoter. Too far out to photograph, as I was walking back to around just 400 yards south of the huts 2 groups of Scoters flew in a little closer, they totalled 72 Common Scoter in 2 equal groups. The one on the left included the fine 1st winter Surf Scoter and I managed to get a few shots before the groups merged.

No comments: