Monday 15 April 2024

Migrants at Corton

Early on, on Saturday 6th April, I looked around Corton little seen until I got to Corton Churchyard where a male Ring Ouzel flew up at 11am from underneath a bush and disappeared into the hedge. The black plumage, silvery wings and white breast gorget all noted as I saw it in flight sadly I didn't see it again. In the hedge were 2 singing male Blackcaps one showed well but disappeared as I set the camera up. James arrived and no sooner had he arrived than a Red Kite flew over the churchyard, my first seen ever at Corton. We went back to Corton OSW and 2 Sand Martins flew south. A C<b>hiff- Chaff heard and seen too. Later on at Gunton I delivered a new Spotted Orchid colony, with 66 plants at one site and another 4 nearby, I marked them all up with sticks (which took me about an hour to do, but very worthwhile if it saves the plants from being trampled on) and passed a message onto the Gunton Meadows group. 2 Redpoll heard flying over Dip Farm car park heading north (bit not seen) Later on 1 Redpoll heard flyiung over Gunton Wood near the Church (again not seen).

No comments: