Monday 8 March 2021

"Habeas Corpus": dead Whooper Swan on Covehithe beach dune

On Monday 8th March, having A/L, I was determined to get away from the building site over the fence and the "6 Empire State Buildings" being built (where we will be completely overlooked- luckli I have 4 mature trees along the back fence) just beyond the fence and try and get out despite my gammy foot. So I hobbled down rather painfully on my exercise walk to Covehithe broad and was delighted to see the Long- tailed Duck although it was at the back of the Broad and never showed that close apart from when I saw Carl and he pointed out a dead Whooper Swan in the sand dunes that I had missed and it swam in the narrow channel travelling north where it spent a lot of its time along the north western section of the Broad. After Carl had gone a Water Pipit flew south over the Broad calling. A female Goldeneye was also seen along the south west section of the Broad. I knew my limitations abnd decided not to stretch my luck with hobbling down to Benacre Broad.

No comments: