Thursday 21 May 2020

Record number of adult Frogs

On Thursday 21st May, very early on from 6.30am the faithful male Whitethroat was again sining from our Copper Beech tree. I I arrived home from work at about 3pm (I now work, for the past 4 weeks, fit-testing PPE equipment for clinical staff and very proud of the whole team at JPUH) and heard the strident "peep peep" of an Oystercatcher which marks species no.54 on the lockdown list. Mid afternoon, a male Orange Tip flew past the conservatory but typically didn't stop, so I couldn't get any pics. A quick visit to Carlton Marshes was curtailed, when I saw both Chris from EDE and Maurice B and they said the Glossy Ibis had just flown off, so not wanting to exhaust myself after my recent tribulations, I decided to sensibly drive back home. Plus there were a whole host of dog walkers and runners, which put me off too. Back home, Jenny said there were 8 Frogs by the garden fish pond, I counted 1 better with 9 adult Frogs seen here all around the southern end edge (5) or in the water, whilst another was seen by the wildlife pond, making 10 adult Frogs, a garden record! I spent the next 30 minutes or so photographing several of them in the warm evening sunlight.

No comments: