Friday 8 May 2020

Garden Lepidoptera goodies

On Friday 8th May, by the flowering Lilac bush, lovely to see my first Brimstone of the year at 9.30am, where it briefly alighted before flying off, but before it did, it disturbed a wonderful Green Hairstreak that spent the whole morning in the garden. It spent the time family high up in bushes along the western edge of the garden just behind the Grandaddy Hebe, a descendant of a Hebe bush, my late father gave me 26 years ago. I also heard a Whimbrel fly over and a singing Whitethroat just beyond the garden fence calling on Fallowfields. I also heard the peuu, peuu calls of a Bullfinch, long overdue addition to @lockdowngarden birding 49 species. At 4.35pm, I saw lovely female Whitethroat in the garden perched on the rocks by the garden fish pond, its white throat very apparent.

No comments: