Thursday 24 January 2019

Norfolk goodies

On Sunday January 6th I visited Ormesby Little Broad and Filby broad, no sign of the Smew so next stop, thanks to me following Richard, one of the Dereham lads was Thurne, where we saw 2 close and 3 (including 1 immature) more distant Cranes , staying in the card I managed a few pictures. Next it was my turn to lead as Richard followed me over to Barton Broad car park, where we walked the 800 yards to the boardwalk and overlooking the broad, the fine female Long- tailed Duck was seen over to the right in loose company of the 2 female Scaup and a large total of 70 Goldeneye with around 25 males. Paul & jane F turned up and we left soon after meeting Steve & dot who was just walking up. Driving back no sign of any Wild Swans at Catfield but I stopped off to look at Rollesby broad and just taking the bins, I had a brief glimpse of a Red- necked Grebe which had gone when I retrieved my scope from the car owing to a fisherman having crossed to fish on the Broad at the exactly the wrong time.

No comments: