Saturday 24 August 2024

Now 4 Elephant Hawk Moth larvae

On Tuesday 20th August, back at Roger Connor's Bradwell garden, he again contacted me to say the Elephant Hawk Moth was back, at 5.20pm I checked by the side of the garage and there were an incredible 4 (FOUR) Elephanh hawk Moth larvae in his garden on Rosebay Willowherb which I learnt were food plants for caterpillars of this species, great to see. On Wednesday 21st August a trip to Buxton Heath in Norfolk, I sawa Green Woodpecker fly away and then seen 2 more times. I saw a nice male Keeled Skimmer in flight with powder sky blue abdomen seen but unfortunately it didn't settle and no sign of a flora species I was keen to see. The weather was cloudy with a breezy wind, not ideal conditions for the Skimmers, disappointing really.

No comments: