Saturday 24 August 2024

Elephant Hawk Moth larvae & North Beach Gulls

On Monday 16 August, there was an Elephant Hawk Moth larvae in Roger Connor's Bradwell back garden. It was exposed on some grass so I moved it underneath a Privet hedge near a Fuchsia bush to give it some cover. Many thanks for Roger for letting me know and keeping an eye on it until I could arrive after work at 5.20pm. Later on I looked around the North Denes and saw 3 Mediterranean Gull, 1 2nd year bird and 2 adult birds including the return of old friend Stumpy, the bird with only 1 leg. Rob H came cycling down the sea wall and as we were talking I saw the Little Gull over the sea flying towards Ness Point. Nice to see some birds after drawing a blank on everything along Link's Road car park, North Beach and Ness Point recently, I don't blog these often often birdless/ lack of wildlife trips- the last 3 had been like that. On Wednesday 18th August, a Devil's Coach Horse beetle, was again found by Misty on the back lawn at 5.24pm.D

No comments: