Monday 12 February 2024

Return to the LT Duck

On Monday 12th February, I returned to Benacre Broad and from the beach I saw 3 Ringed Plovers, were on the Broad edge and one was quite confiding, I was able to get pictures without disturbing it. The fine Long- tailed Duck was by the eastern side of the Broad but I had to wait a couple of hours before it came near to the beach edge after I had seen Carl B walk north along the beach. I had been looking from the hide, where I saw 2 female Marsh Harriers quartering the reeds at the back. 4 Goldeneye, a male and 3 females were seen straight out on the Broad as was a pair of Pintail (1 male & 1 female). Around 15 Teal and 10 Gadwall were also seen. Walking back to the beach, the fine Long- tailed Duck initially seen close in by the north- east corner of the Broad before it swam closer to the middle edge where I obtained a few pictures.

No comments: