Saturday 10 February 2024

Spot the Carlton Dowitcher

On Friday 2nd February, I had the afternoon off after work to help look after Jenny after her total knee replacement op at the Paget and once she had been discharged and I made sure she was OK, I drove to Carlton at 3pm and walked down to Peto's Marsh. I met Carl B on the way back saying you'll get some great pictures, but as I arrived along the track to Turnpike Hide, it was immediately apparent the bird I was after had flown a little way. The excellent Long- billed Dowitcher was amongst 2 Dunlin, the 3rd from the right but slightly bigger, dumpier with greyish back, green legs but it was asleep. When it woke up its very long bills was noted. Suddenly all the Godwits took to flight including the Dowitcher and then settled slightly further back.

No comments: