Monday 5 July 2021

More Puffins & Charlie the Herring gull again & yours truly!

Here are some more Puffin pics this time from The Wick at Skomer, where you can get pretty close to them, whilst staying on the path, of course we have to be midful of getting out of the way if any want to cross the path especially if they have Sand Eels that they want to take straight down the burrow to feed their chick. I met some great people on the boat/ trip over and on Skomer itself & at the Wick and they kindly took pictures of me (many thanks to Sally H) and the Herring gull and sent these onto me which I was very grateful for their thoughtfulness. Photo gear used included my Canon 100-400mm zoom lens here which gave me some flexibility in the shots. But there was less than favourable weather conditions at the Wick with mostly overcast sky and the sun struggling to get out, (so no flight shots obtained this time) also gusty at times (I moved away from the more sandy area, where sand was being blown over the path (definitely not good for either optics or cameras)!

4 comments:

Sally said...

More great photos! That second puffin could not possibly have held any more sand eels in his beak! Someone had a great meal from that haul!!

Peter Ransome said...

Thanks Sally & thanks for your pic which you sent, are you happy for me to publish on my blog with credit by kind permission of Sally H?

Sally said...

Of course! Please do whatever you like with it!

Peter Ransome said...

Thanks again Sally, really appreciate this