Wednesday 11 March 2020

No Owl fest for me at Carlton Marshes

In seemingly almost perfect conditions, on Wednesday 11th Marsh 4.30- 6pm, it was disappointing to note that I saw no Owls hunting at Carlton Marshes, where it was my 4th attempt to see SEO's. Nice to see Gavin who reported he hadn't seen any Owls either today (although he'd seen several including SEO on the previous days). 2 Kestrel, including an immature fluffed up bird, female Marsh Harrier sitting on a bush, 7 Linnet by a bush by the path, a female Green Woodpecker that flew and perched on a vertical trunk near Spratt's Water (extreme southern end, viewed from public footpath) and 5 Fieldfares 'chakking' and flying over the stable fields were the highlights of an otherwise disappointing excursion (there have been several of these at CM recently ie. the last 3 occasions). I shall have to rethink my plans on seeing SEO's.

No comments: