Sunday 9 December 2018

Purple Sand at last

Having gone down with a very sore throat, infected sinuses and toothache it was a weekend for resting up and catching up on sleep, however I did venture out briefly to Ness Point on Saturday 8th December in the afternoon. Grey skies meant photography was out of the questions however amongst 8 Turnstone on the finger was a lone Purple Sandpiper busily feeding, my first for this winter. It then ran down the finger towards me but when I looked again it had disappeared. The light was appalling by this stage. A look in Hamilton Dock, revealed a very close 1st winter Shag swimming left, that always does what close Shags do in the dock as soon as I got the camera gear set up, it also disappeared. I had to retreat to the car and home as the cold was starting to affect my throat again.

No comments: