Wednesday 31 October 2018

Shore Larks & seabirds

On Saturday 27th October I drove over to Kessingland and immediately saw Paul & Jane F, walking up to the Shore Larks, I heard a calling Brambling and saw it perched on a curved bramble on the hill, would have made a nice photo but dog walkers put paid to that when it flew off. Rob Wils was there but soon left and I had the 2 Shore Larks to myself, being remarkably confiding, they expertly dodged the numerous dogs until one charged straight at them and they flew out to sea, 12 Lapwings flew in off the sea, but when visiting birders arrived and I told they had flown off they came back and settled in front of us. Around 3 Sky Larks and one was photographed feeding on the middle of the dunes. Looking at Ness Point in the afternoon, around 100 Gannets seen flying north, at 2.30pm a fine Little Auk flew north.

No comments: