Thursday 9 November 2017

No Blue Tail

On Tuesday 7th November, several Redwings heard flying over the house during the evening. On Wednesday 8th November around 4 Redwing first heard and seen flying west just beyond the back garden fence. On Thursday 9th November, having finally shaken off a bout of flu (and I had had the flu jab on 1st October!) that had floored me during the previous week, between 7.45am and 9.10am, my first chance of going for Lowestoft's bird of the autumn, the RFB, failed to see it unsurprisingly, given my consistently bad luck in birding. I tried looking through railings south of Mariner's Score. However, I did see my first Fieldfare of the autumn perched up in a tall ivy clad tree. Whilst a Grey Wagtail called and seen flying north over us. Plus 2 flocks of 8 Siskin , so 16 in total, observed flying over us going south.

No comments: