Tuesday 26 September 2017

Yellow- browed at Corton

On Tuesday 26th September, after checking this precise area the day before after work, it was good to get a tweet from Rob H to say he had just had a YBW. At 6pm I arrived and just 30 yards down the track, I heard the "tusk" call of a YBW and a bird was seen flitting in the right hand side of the track. I saw a bird which showed silky white underparts. It flew over the track and although we didn't pick it up even when Rob & I went over to the eastern track. Back at the other track, a bird flitting about flew back left and I saw the main body of the bird with double wing- bars, the fine Yellow- browed Warbler. It then darted left and 10 seconds later we heard a distant YBW call, surely a second bird? It eventually flew back and then flew back 10 yards to the road, where I saw the creamy brow and head of the bird as darted about in a tree. It later flew over to a very mellow- leaved tree at the middle of the track at 6.33pm.

No comments: