Monday 18 September 2017

Osprey & Wryneck

Hearing the Osprey was back on Saturday 9th September I drove down to Blythburgh estuary seeing lots of Black- tailed Godwits plus a pale summer plumaged Knot and 2 Ringed Plover, the Osprey was seen perched on a far post of the Osprey just south of the Southward water Tower from the angle I was viewing. Walking back a calling Yellow Wagtail flew up from the field and flew south. Having been delayed coming back, I went mid afternoon for the Wryneck as I walking down Kessingland Dunes I could see Steve P talking to a few people and he indicated it was still on show and showing well. I joined a small crowd of people watching it looking east where the fine Wryneck was seen perched on a bush, it dropped down and moving around, we saw it feeding on the path by the bushes. We watched it here for sometime before some birders with dogs who walked around the bush not to flush it then flushed it. It flew into a elderberry bush in the gorse before once again flying back to the path. Where this time I looked south as it fed again.

No comments: