Thursday 29 September 2016

Tawny Owl heard from Petrol station

On Thursday 29th September, whilst filling up the car with petrol, I heard a Tawny Owl hooting just south of the station at 8.45pm this evening. Looking forward to a better October, this September has been the my worst ever for birds (Osprey excepted). Didn't even see Redstart or Pied Fly this month or this year for that matter! Best seabird I saw all month was Guillemot and Gannet. I have been out and about but just not seeing anything! Friday 30th September after work, a Great Spotted Woodpecker on the bare trees just before the sewage works seen briefly before it flew off. Despite Rat hotel being bulldozed over there were still around 8, 2 with really big individuals with bodies around a foot long. The rats were more spread out that earlier with several on bushes, I wonder if the holiday park residents next door there know they are living next door to such a large rat colony?

No comments: