Sunday 5 June 2016

Turtle Doves success & failure

On my way back from Strumpshaw, I decided to look in, at my great grandmother & great grandfathers' grave, especially as there were diversions on the A47 going east, again as I photographed the grave I heard the lovely "purr" of a Turtle Dove behind it and I saw a Turtle Dove fly left. Walking up to the wood, I saw a Turtle Dove fly to the top of a tree and I listened to it "purring" for ten minutes before I left, really pleased they still seem to doing well here. I checked another site, closer to home, a fine Chiff- Chaff showed well on top a tree calling constantly, but disappointingly no sign of Turtle Doves here, however I did hear a Cuckoo, a Linnet and several Whitethroats at this location. Back at the garden around 30 Diamond Backs seen.

No comments: