Wednesday 2 July 2014

Pyramidal Orchid at Gunton

Both yesterday evening, Tues 1st July and this evening, Wednesday 2nd July I was delighted to follow up James W's tweet regarding the Pyramidial Orchid at Gunton. Arriving at the site, I quickly spotted this fine plant. It was already in flower, perhaps slightly past its best, as the lower flowers had died, but still looking really impressive This was only my second of this species in Lowestoft (or first if you count Corton outside Lowestoft!). It was situated within the Gas compound along the western side at the back and was a delightful plant to view. At 7.30pm yesterday, the sun was fading behind the wood behind me but at 6.40pm tonight, the sun was still sufficiently strong to shoot at F8 at ISO 100, always the defacto settings I tend to use for plant photography, but I do vary settings according to what I am photographing. I was also delighted to bring my Aunt along who only lives 100 yards further down the road, she was delighted to see the plant too.

No comments: