Friday 10 January 2014

Kessingland Sewage Works

On Wednesday 8th January, TOIL from work in the morning meant I was able to have a quick visit to Kessingland Sewage works, it was a gusty morning and at the start of the Sewage works, a fine female Bullfinch was seen in the hedge briefly. Lots of Tits moved through including Blue and Long- tailed Tits. By the hedgerow bordering the sewage beds, 2 Chiff- Chaff flitted about and 22 Pied Wagtails seen on the sewage beds themselves. I kept scanning the scrub on the left, a Chiff- Chaff seen again and a charm of around 12 Goldfinches flew into the scrub, but still no sign of the Firecrest and I was about to leave after an hour when I heard the distinctive call and up popped a fine Firecrest briefly in the scrub on the left. I watched for a couple of minutes, always active and on the move before it disappeared from view. Another final look on the sewage beds and I was rewarded with a view of a Grey Wagtail on the northern edge of the northern sewage bed. A look at Ness Point at low tide failed to reveal any Purple Sands. Work beckoned!

No comments: