Sunday 8 September 2013

A few migrants on the Denes

Today, early morning on Sunday 8th September, I saw nothing at the net posts and following a tweet from Rene, I made the very short journey over to the Oval. I initially saw 2 Yellow Wagtails, but the groundsman walking out flushed all the Wagtails onto the north side of the Oval. I met Chris M and we walked over to the North Denes slope together and the excellent juvenile Cuckoo flew low falcon- like along the North Denes slope settling into a sycamore near the top of the slope it flew again briefly, sporting a pale belly with browner breast, and was then seen flying back into a bush. We saw a Chiff- Chaff in the sycamores and making our way back at the Oval, up to 4 Yellow Wagtails were seen on the Oval near the green wicket, one was reasonably close and I managed to obtain a few shots of it.

No comments: