Wednesday 30 January 2013

More Waxwings

With a load of Waxwings just up the road from work, you'd think I'd have some time to look at them, but being exceptionally busy at work, I have to confine my views to drive bys and a brief stop at lunchtime. Just before 10.30am 8 Waxwings flew up from the berry tree and feeding in the tree itself was an obliging Fieldfare as I stopped at the traffic lights. At 1.20pm there were a much larger group noted in the tall trees by Almond road/ Oak road at Gorleston and a ten minute stop here led to a confirmed count of 55 Waxwings! Alison was there also. The Waxwings then suddenly flew over to the berry bushes but in the breezy conditions weren't staying long, my cue to leave. At 2.50pm again passing by, I saw c40 Waxwing again flying again around the berry bush/ tree by the eastern end of Crab Lane.

No comments: