Tuesday 27 November 2012

Waxwings along the A12

I was absolutely delighted today to find at around 8.40am, 4 Waxwings which were first seen as I was driving north along the A12. They were perched up on some tall bushes on south side of the Rackham's Corner roundabout, just north of Barn Owl Lodge, on the busy A12 dual carraigeway. They were initially seen as I was driving along the A12 approaching the roundabout, I saw 4 birds perched up in a bush looking very much like Waxwings! I parked the car briefly along the layby just north of there and walked back along the pavement. I saw them briefly feeding on the berries on the mid southern section, whilst 1 Waxwing was perched high up in a tall bush along the mid northern section of the roundabout. They were suddenly spooked and flew right over my head trilling as they went, always great to hear them calling. A few minutes later they flew back and settled on a bush on the east side of the road next to the roundabout. It was now 8.50am, it started raining heavily and I had to leave for work.

No comments: