Saturday, 8 August 2026

A wonderful Striped Hawk Moth & a Painted Lady in garden

On Thursday 6th August, I was off work and very fortunately chris L. tweeted he had just caught a Striped Hawk Moth in his Kessingland garden, so jenny & I went over, and visited Chris' wonderful garden and the Striped Hawk Moth was a real stunner but as so often happenes it started fluttering its wings so I only managed a few pics plus an assortment of other Moths including what I think could possibly be Dewick's Plusia, Puss Moth, Speckled Beauty, Mullein & Gold Spot possibly???I have already fogotten the names of! On Saturday 8th August, the Painted Lady that was previously in the garden was feeding low dow on a Buddlea flower in the morning and posed beautifully for the camera! Later in the evening at 6.35pm, a Hummingbird Hawk Moth found by Jenny spent a little time around the flowering Buddlea.

No comments: