Notes on birds/wildlife from a nature enthusiast & photographer (copyright Peter Ransome)
Sunday, 19 July 2026
Hudsonian Godwit at Cattawade North Marsh
I left early on Sunday, but I fell asleep again after getting up really early 5.45am (bad mistake!) and left by 7.30am and just missed the HG from the White Bridge by just 15 minutes which would have been in very good light. I looked along the River Ouze from the north bank both west side (where Greenshank and Redshank seen) and the East side (where 2 Black- tailed Godwits seen togther feeding). Then Bird Guides said the HG was on North Marsh, I walked over but it wasn't on view, I did see a Green Sandpiper here though, suddenly a chap down the north path idicated he had it and we walked over and the fine Hudsonian Godwit feeding in the extreme north-east part of the marsh, but it soon walked out of view, later it walked out again. Before flying much closer towards us where it was feeding and it was reasonably close albeit totally against the light.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment