Saturday 12 March 2022

Carlton duo

On Wednesday 9th March, after finishing work at 2.30pm I went straight down to Carlton Marshes, my back was sore so I had to leave the camera at home. The long walk down to Peto's and from the Turnpike hide, just before that the fine Glossy Ibis was showing close to the path by the marsh just before and well lit by the sun to the west, it was a pity I didn't have the camera> I then walked further counted 71 Golden Plover deep into Peto's and 3 male Pintail and around 10 Pochard, 6 males and 4 females. Just before the North Hide, th excellent female Garganey swam very close in, showing well briefly before disappearing again. Walking back past the Turnpike Hide, the Glossy Ibis flew in again and was feeding again close to the hide! On the walk back, a Barn Owl seen flying by the bushes where the BO box had been installed.

No comments: