Sunday 28 April 2019

Weekend of dips

On Friday 25th Not hearing about the Hoopoe at Winterton until 7.10pm I would have popped over straight after work but the I can't get the new wi-fi on my phone and worse than that it eats up my $G allowance so no bird news until I get home. Saturday 26th at Ness Point was poor and got worse when I got home and realised an Alpine Swift may have gone through, (I don't get any news on my phone when 4G has run out) I didn't see it though and I was there at the time it was supposed to go through. I checked various tall buildings around the town directly after wards. The Flats Tower block, Lowestoft Lighthouse, the wind turbine and the Grain silo along Lake Lothing but with no luck this time. It also adds to the incredible tally of dips trying to connect to a bird flying through either south from Norfolk or a bird flying north from Norfolk- birds missed in this way include WB Diver, WT eagle X6 occasions, Black Guillemot, Great Shearwater, Cory's Shearwater, Fea's Petrel, Black Kite, LT Skua X5, Pom Skua X7 etc.

No comments: