Notes on birds/wildlife from a nature enthusiast & photographer (copyright Peter Ransome)
Sunday, 19 July 2026
Limosa's at Carlton Marshes
Rob H had seen a Limosa at Carlton, early evening Sun 19 July, I drove over and took the long walk up to Peto's, I met Rob H. half way who had found another Limosa on the Old scrape. I scanned initially I couldn't see it, jkust 2 Canadas. But standing on the bench, it had walked right and it walked left and I saw a large Godwit generally subdued with a flush on the chest but uniform buff colouring above and below with an eye stripe slightly longer bill, slightly bigger size and some dark feathers on the mantle. My first limosa and first Lowestoft Limsoa too. It was unringed. I then walked up to Peto's and by the Pool were around 40 Greylags with summer plumaged Black- tailed Godwit, 1 winter plumage and as Rob H had found a larger immature Limosa Godwit, with eye stripe slight flush on the breast and unform buff above and below, with rings on its upper leg but these were mostly not seen as it was in deep water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment