Wednesday 16 October 2024

Comet A3 Tsuchinshan-ATLAS spotted from the garden

On Wednesday 16th October, I went out as it was getting dark to set the Comet from Millenium Way but couldn't see it. Thanks to our Whats App group I checked again from the garden at 7.15pm and standing on a chair I could clearly see it, Comet A3 Tsuchinshan-ATLAS with an obvious flared tail stretching up above it, low down in the west. I had especially good views using my binoculars. First time sighted from earth in 80,000 years!! I couldn't get a pic of, (never very good at night time photography) so instead here's a picture of our much loved boy, Comet, our former lovely black and white cat, who we sadly lost all too early on 14th August 2023 last year, we miss him and of course we miss our also much loved, beloved and equally lovely Tabby cat Cosmo too, who we lost suddenly and unexpectedly on 1st February this year, we still miss both of them dreadfully.

No comments: